Many families have probably exhausted their store of general knowledge quiz questions by now in a bid to keep entertained during the pandemic.
If that sounds like you then fear not because we’ve got you covered with our ultimate geography quiz.
Once you try your hand at this test on everything from flags to national parks, you can explore our extensive quiz section found here.
We have tests on everything from Harry Potter to food and drink.
Find below 50 geography quiz questions any map buffs or travellers are sure to find interesting!
1. In which country would you be if you were visiting the Taj Mahal?
2. In which Scandinavian country would you find fjords?
3. Which country’s name could be part of a Christmas dinner?
4. Which stretch of water separates Anglesey and Wales?
5. In which continent is the world’s longest river, the Nile?
6. What colour is the spot in the middle of the Japanese flag?
7. Is Australia in the northern or the southern hemisphere?
8. What does each star on the flag of the United States stand for?
9. Which bridge, one of the oldest roadway bridges in the United States, was completed in 1883 and spans the East River?
10. On an O.S Map with a scale of 1:25000, how many inches represent one mile?
11. Which ‘D’ is an northern England town on the banks of the River Skerne?
12. In which English county might you find the towns Darwen and Nelson?
13. Which is taller: The Eiffel Tower or Blackpool Tower?
14. Baku is the capital city of which eastern European country?
15. The Danube flows into what body of water?
16. Which river rises in the Himalayas in India and drains into the Bay of Bengal?
17. Which lake holds by far the largest volume of water in the UK?
18. The M1 motorway is how many miles long?
19. How many National Parks are there in Wales?
20. In which country is the worlds highest waterfall?
21. What is the oldest recorded town in the UK?
22. In what country would you find Lake Bled?
23. What is the smallest country in the world?
24. How many US states begin with the letter A?
25. What is the highest mountain in Britain?
26. Machu Picchu can be found in which country?
27. 2001 movie Amelie is set in which part of Paris?
28. PEK is the code for which international airport?
29. In which European city would you find the Spanish Steps?
30. Which four presidents are engraved on Mount Rushmore?
31. Which country has Anas Vaduz as its capital?
32. Which city would you visit to see Gaudi’s fantastical architecture?
33. Into which sea does the river Volga flow?
34. What is the unit of currency of Poland?
35. By what name is the former country of South West Africa now known?
36. Which luxury liner made her final voyage to Long Beach, California, when she was made into a civic centre?
37. The Sahara Desert extends into how many countries 5, 10 or 13?
38. Which group of travellers set out from the Tabard Inn?
39. In which river would you find the Ile de la Cite and the Ile Saint-Louis?
40. Ship’s captains are empowered to conduct two religious rites – name them?
4. Menai Strait
8. A state
9. Brooklyn Bridge
10. Two and a half
13. Eiffel Tower (324m vs 158m)
15. The Black Sea
17. Loch Ness
18. 193 miles
23. Vatican City
24. Four – Alabama, Alaska, Arizona and Arkansas
25. Ben Nevis
30. Roosevelt, Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson
33. The Caspian
36. The Queen Mary
38. The Pilgrims In The Canterbury Tales
39. The Seine
40. Burials and baptisms