The launch date for the much-anticipated new well-being and fitness studio, FRESH., in Ely has been announced – they will open their doors for a weekend of free classes on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 December.
It comes a month after originally scheduled as plans were put on hold due to the second lockdown. During that time FRESH. has continued to offer online classes.
What is happening at the open weekend?
Free classes on offer on 5/6 December will include – Barre, Pilates, Dance, Flexitone, HIIT, Bounce, Primal Flow, Mindfulness Meditation, various Yoga sessions and fitness for Seniors. Book your free class at www.freshandwell.co.uk/ Booking is essential to facilitate coronavirus safety measures. Memberships, class passes, and single sessions are also available to purchase.
There will be some special offers available – anyone booking a FRESH. Society membership before 7 December will get 50% off their first month.
Open weekend coronavirus safety measures
All classes will be limited to the number of people that can safely socially distance in the studios (12 downstairs, 18 upstairs). There will be a one-way system imposed downstairs, and the timing of the classes upstairs will allow for safe use of the stairs. Cleaning will take place regularly. Guests are asked to bring their own mats and refreshments, and wear masks when walking around the building.
- FRESH. founders, Sara Ford and Alice Loombe, have been awarded community asset funding by Sport England to support them in their business launch
- Classes will include: Barre, Pilates, Dance, Yoga, HIIT, Meditation, Kickboxing, and Primal Flow. FRESH. will also cater for post and pre-natal, seniors, invisible illnesses and people with physical limitations
- The FRESH. ethos is to support mental health, promote equality, practice sustainability, create community, and encourage health, relaxation and wellbeing
- Classes are available for all abilities and membership packages offered at different price points
- Regular free classes will be given to charities and community groups
- The FRESH. team aims to create a nurturing environment that supports client’s mental health and opens discussion on how fitness can support a sense of wellbeing
16-18 Broad Street, Ely, CB7 4AH. Located close to the city’s train station and there is free public parking just behind the venue.
From the founders
Alice Loombe, FRESH. co-founder says: “A big thank you to Sport England for their support, without which this wouldn’t have been possible. We’re so excited to share FRESH. with the Ely community. We want to create a kind and open culture at FRESH., where we can support everybody with their physical and mental well-being.”
Sara Ford, FRESH. co-founder adds: “We’re already huge supporters of our local businesses, and we hope to add to what Ely already has on offer. We welcome people to sign up to a free class, come over to FRESH. and see what we’re about! Let us support you through this challenging time.”
Charities and community groups
Sara and Alice have a deep desire to help people and will be offering regular classes to charities, community groups, older groups or underrepresented groups for free. If you belong to a qualifying group and are interested in finding out more please email –firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more
Stay in the FRESH. loop and check out http://www.freshandwell.co.uk/ You can also follow FRESH. on Facebook (@freshandwell) and Instagram (@fresh.social).