The latest figures released by the government show a slight decrease in the number of people across the UK who have tested positive for coronavirus today (October 7).
The updated figures released today show that across the UK a further 14,162 people have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the country’s total to 544,275.
Yesterday (October 6) 14,542 further people tested positive for the virus bringing the UK’s total to 530,113.
While the overall number of positive cases across the UK is slightly lower than those recorded yesterday, there have been a total of 75 new cases across Cambridgeshire.
Peterborough and South Cambridgeshire both saw the biggest increase, with 17 new cases confirmed in each area.
While Cambridge and Huntingdonshire were not far behind with 12 new cases in each area.
East Cambridgeshire recorded six new cases, while Fenland recorded 11.
Enter your postcode below to find coronavirus support groups in your area:
A total of 5,043 coronavirus cases have been confirmed across Cambridgeshire since the start of the pandemic – 1,961 of those cases have been recorded in Peterborough over the same time frame.
The total cases recorded for each local authority in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are as follows:
- Cambridge: 524 cases (a rise of 12 from 512 on October 6)
- East Cambridgeshire: 253 cases (a rise of 6 from 247 on October 6)
- Fenland: 596 cases (a rise of 11 from 585 on October 6)
- Huntingdonshire: 1,137 cases (a rise of 12 from 1,125 on October 6)
- Peterborough: 1,961 cases (a rise of 17 from 1,944 on October 6)
- South Cambridgeshire: 572 cases (a rise of 17 from 555 on October 6)
Over the past 24 hours, the number of patients who have died after contracting coronavirus in the county since March, has not changed. This means the total still remains at 391.
These figures represent people who had had a positive test result for COVID-19 and died within 28 days of the first positive test. The actual cause of death may not be COVID-19 in all cases.
The total deaths for each local authority in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are:
- Cambridge: 45 deaths
- East Cambridgeshire: 33 deaths
- Fenland: 71 deaths
- Huntingdonshire: 111 deaths
- Peterborough: 92 deaths
- South Cambridgeshire: 39 deaths