September 30, 2020
The Meetings Industry Association (mia) has awarded Trinity Hall AIM Covid Secure accreditation, highlighting the College’s excellent health and hygiene standards.
The AIM Secure award also recognises:
• The quality of the College’s conference and events facilities
• Operational excellence
• Commitment to best practice procedures
• Outstanding customer service
The award was given by a panel of independent industry experts who examined Trinity Hall against a robust checklist of criteria before making their decision. Achieving this national endorsement enables potential clients to feel confident that Trinity Hall offers a secure venue for meetings, conferences and events.
In addition, Trinity Hall has been awarded ‘We’re Good To Go’ status by Visit Britain for following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, maintaining cleanliness and aiding social distancing across the College. This again reflects Trinity Hall’s commitment to the health, hygiene and well-being of their conference and events clients as well as students and staff at the historic Cambridge College.
Fiona Simon, Head of Conferencing and Catering Services at Trinity Hall, said: “These two awards acknowledge the quality of our hygiene procedures at Trinity Hall which are of paramount importance to us in the day-to-day running of the College. Our AIM Secure accreditation demonstrates that we have passed a stringent quality assurance assessment reflecting the high standards of our College facilities and services. Among the new COVID-19 procedures that we have put in place across the College are regular hand sanitising units, social distancing markers, a new one-way walking system and regular deep cleaning procedures throughout the College as well as a range of student well-being and safeguarding measures. We will of course continue to maintain and adapt all our procedures in accordance with government guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our College community, conference and events clients and visitors.”
Jane Telfer, Conference and Events Manager at Trinity Hall, added: “We’re thrilled to receive these awards which act as a benchmark for our high operational standards and outstanding facilities at Trinity Hall. At the moment, we’re focusing on the well-being of our students and staff and have put a hold on external conferences and events. The landscape for meetings and events may look different for some time but, as these awards highlight, Trinity Hall is ready and waiting to re-start as and when it is safe to do so and in line with government guidelines. We’ve missed our conference and events clients and can’t wait to welcome them back!”
– The Meetings Industry Association (mia) is the leading association supporting and growing the meetings, conferences and events industry in the UK. AIM Secure Accreditation is the UK’s only recognised quality standard for the meetings industry. Trinity Hall’s AIM Secure accreditation demonstrates operational excellence and commitment to continuous improvement.
– Acquiring the ‘We’re Good To Go’ Industry standard from Visit Britain means that Trinity Hall has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process for maintaining.